Greenan Maze, near Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow are hosting an EGGSTRA WILD EASTER CELEBRATION with an Egg-cellent variety of activities for all the family.
Hop along to Greenan Maze over the Easter weekend where the Easter Bunny will host lots of Easter egg hunts on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. Kids will be kept fully occupied and wear off all that Easter sugary buzz while adults can find some peace and tranquillity at this pretty countryside farm in the Wicklow hills.Meet the Easter Bunny and the Cheeky Chicks who will be hopping about the mazes entertaining all the kids, finding eggs for the well behaved. If you are lucky, they will help you solve the clues and lead you to the middle of the maze where you find the Easter Bunny and the eggs. Find the special golden eggs and claim a big Easter Egg prize.
To Find Out More About Greenan Maze
This Easter families can engage their creative side in Killruddery, with crafts to make, clues to follow, challenges to meet and chocolatey treats to finish.Families will start off in the Easter workshop hosted by Me And The Moon where you will ‘eggsplore’ your creative side to make some very special Easter accessories. Each workshop has a limited number of spaces so make sure to get here at least 10 minutes prior to your time slot begins and allow at least 2 hours for the event.
After the workshop you will scramble around Killruddery formal gardens to different stations. You will visit some feathered and fluffy animals with a special appearance from Little Bo peep. All these will lead you to the Mad Hatter tea party where the final activity will take place to earn your chocolaty treats.
Find out more about Killruddery House and Garden
The inaugural event we will host 3 recitals at Russborough House with the inspiring Quatuor Zaide, Ducasse trio, Rachel Kelly (mezzo-soprano) and Fiachra Garvey(piano).
The West Wicklow Fesival was set up by pianist Fiachra Garvey. Fiachra grew up as a farmer and pianist in Ballyknockan, on the glistening Blessington lakes. In 2011, Fiachar moved to London to pursue a Masters degree at the Royal Academy of Music, and subsequently travelled extensively to many great festivals all around the world.
With every new festival he attended, fiachar could no longer ignore his desire to establish a festival in his native Wicklow, and finally this year, 2017, it is happening! This festival will bring the riches of wonderful artists from Ireland and abroad to West Wicklow, for the enjoyment of all-comers. Russborough House, one of Ireland’s most beautiful Palladian houses, is a fitting venue with its intimate surroundings and its long history and association with music.
Friday 19th, 8pm
- Mozart: String Quartet no 16 in Eb major, K428 (Quatuor Zaide)
- Milhaud: Suite op. 157b for clarinet, violin and piano (Ducasse Trio)
- Khachaturian: Trio for clarinet, violin and piano (Ducasse Trio)
- Schumann: String Quartet no 3 in a minor op. 41/3 (Quatuor Zaide)
- Ives: Largo for clarinet, violin and piano (Ducasse Trio)
- Bartok: Contrasts (Ducasse Trio)
Saturday 20th, 8pm
- Mozart: String Quartet no 4 in C major K157 (Quatuor Zaide)
- Arutiunian: Suite for clarinet, violin and piano (Ducasse Trio)
- Shostakovich: 5 pieces arranged for clarinet, violin and piano (Ducasse Trio)
- Stravinsky: Suite from L’histoire du soldat for clarinet,violin and piano (Ducasse Trio)
- Brahms: Piano quintet in f minor op.34 (Quatuor Zaide/Fiachra Garvey)
Sunday 21st, 4pm (Rachel Kelly, Fiachra Garvey)
- Canteloube: Chants D’Auvergne (Malurous qu’o uno fenno / Pastourelle / Bailero / L’Antoueno)
- Debussy: Trois Chansons De Bilitis (La flute de Pan / La Chevelure / Le tombeau des Naiades)
- Duparc: Au pays ou se fait la guerre / Extase
- Rachmaninoff: Vocalise
- Strauss: 4 songs op. 27 (Ruhe, meine Seele / Cacilie / Heimliche Aufforderung / Morgen)
- Rossini: La Cenerentola: Nacqui all’affano e al pianto….Non piu mesta
- Herbert Hughes: Selection of Irish songs
For a full calender of events in Wicklow click here.