The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force on 25 May 2018, will repeal and replace the current EU Data Protection Directive, Directive, which forms the basis for the existing data protection regime in Ireland.
Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge has done extensive work to ensure we continue to comply with the new regulations.
Please read the following carefully to understand our use of personal data.
*Please note the Policy relates only to living individuals in relation to personal data relating directly to themselves, and not to persons in any other capacity.
Information we may collect from you
We collect personal data from you which you volunteer when you provide such personal data to us, or via our services with which you interact. We may also be given other personal at relating to you by other persons, or we may obtain such personal data about you in the course of our legitimate business activities.
We may collect and process Data including the following in the course of providing services to you;
- Your Full Name
- Your Address
- Your Email Address
- Financial Information about you – credit or debit card details / bank details
- Details of contracts with third parties for us to provide services to you.
- Details of your relationships to other parties
- Medical details including details of allergies
- All other data you ask for us to process in order to fulfil our role as providing accommodation and food related services to you.
We may also process other data which is not personal data.
Security and where we store your personal data
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access and use.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and may involve the transfer of data countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). This occurs typically through use of cloud solutions for web hosting, email hosting or proprietary software solutions delivered to us through the Cloud.
We do not however authorise any third party to use your personal data for their own purposes. Non EEA countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your personal data. By submitting your data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access.
What we use your personal data for
We use the personal data that we hold to;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel might interest you but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. (Our List of Services is below)
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- In our legitimate interest of advertising our services, provide details of loyalty schemes or promotions.
- Comply with legislation.
- Notify you about changes to our services.
List of Services
- Restaurant, bar service and other food related services.
We may use your data to send you information relating to our services, events and products which may be of interest to you.If you do not want your data to be used in this way, please notify us to that effect.
We keep your data for varying periods according to our Retention Schedule.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Data to third parties who provide a service to us or in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We may also disclose your data if we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, safety of staff or customers.
Some jurisdictions may not have adequate safeguards for the protection of personal data and where this is the case we comply with Chapter 5 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) to provide an alternative method of safeguarding your personal data.
Links to other websites
Our website may from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any data to those websites.
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights. These rights mean you can apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below;
- The right to access data relating to you (access right). Please use form 1a to request this data.
- The right to rectify/ correct data relating to you (right to rectification). Please use form 2a to request this.
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (right to object). Please use form 3a to request this.
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (right to restriction). Please use form 4a to request this.
- The right to erase/ delete data relating to you (right to erasure). Please use form 5a to request this.
- The right to “port” certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (right to data portability). Please see form 6a for this.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it.
By continuing to use our site or services or otherwise provide data after we post any such changes you accept and agree to this Policy as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this policy and the information we hold are welcome and should be addressed to us at email@example.com.
All requests will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.