Sustainability at Ireland’s oldest hotel.
Plant a tree while you stay at Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge
Book, stay & We'll plant a tree!
Simply book a room directly with us on our website and we will plant a tree with Reforest Nation.
Irelands oldest hotel is committed to protecting its beautiful surroundings for generations to come and we are very excited to begin working with Reforest Nation.
For every booking made directly on our website we will plant a tree with Reforest Nation.
Book directly on our website for a sustainable stay in the heart of Wicklow.
The Reforest Nation mission-
We want to make restoring biodiversity & fighting climate change easy & accessible to everyone by putting the planet before profit. By doing so we will plant one million native trees by 2024 with the help of people & businesses around Ireland.
EV charging points at Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge
Drive an EV? We have 6 new EV chargers installed at our carpark so you don’t have to worry about running out of battery while staying at Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge. Our EV chargers were installed by Wicklow company Glen EV Technologies
We are delighted to be listed on the Refill Ireland Tap App. At Woodenbridge Hotel we are happy to provide free water refills for anyone who needs their water bottle refilled. Just ask at the bar counter.
Refill is preventing unnecessary plastic waste in Ireland through a community led movement. Their mission-
“We’re creating an empowered community of change makers who prevent single use waste in Ireland before it happens.”
We were thrilled to receive the award for Environment and Sustainability at the 2022 Arklow Chamber of Commerce Ball.
This award reflects the many changes we have made to our systems and procedures at Woodenbridge Hotel to reduce our carbon emissions.
The award was sponsored by SSE Renewables
We are delighted to be the first hotel in Wicklow to complete the 50 Shades Greener programme and we are proud to be listed on the Sustainable Stays Ireland page.
To achieve this award we had to successfully measure our green key performance indicators and carbon emissions and implement new systems and procedures to reduce our impact on the environment.
At Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge we are very conscious of our responsibilities towards climate change and protecting the environment for future generations.
We are members of Repak and the 50 Shades Greener programme, we have received our 2021 certificate for the reduction and monitoring of carbon emissions.
We are committed to minimising our waste, reducing our water consumption and reducing our energy consumption.
Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge Green Initiatives
- We segregate waste and aim to recycle or compost as much of our waste as possible.
- We encourage both staff and guests to recycle, requesting guests segregate recyclables and general waste in guest rooms.
- We aim to completely abolish single use plastics, and to date have abolished the use of mini toiletries in bedrooms, banned plastic straws & cocktail sticks and plastic bottles from the bar and have stopped using single serve sauce sachets.
- We encourage all staff to use re-usable coffee cups and water bottles.
- Electricity and LPG are the energy sources at Woodenbridge Hotel & Lodge. We use renewable energy sources in so far as possible and we continuously strive to reduce consumption. We monitor and record all consumption on a regular basis and have implemented energy saving policies in all departments.
- We operate a towel & linen re-use option in the bedrooms.
- There are 6 charge points for electric cars at the Lodge carpark.
- We have switched to low energy lighting throughout the hotel.
- In our gardens, our Gardener Jason grows herbs for use by the kitchen, reuses coffee grinds for fertilising plants and has planted 113 native tree saplings in 2021, he also rotates the areas he mows, leaving patches of grass with wild flowers for the bees.